  From: DCFluX
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 5:33 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] "Bend" an ICOM a little further

  Seriously, some people need to read the original message before replying.

  The original complaint was running out of tunning range on the piston trimmer
in the channel element while trying to net the crystal on frequency.

  Not rubbering the crystal to another channel or Nuclear warfare on an
inactive club.

  Also I should mention that the receiver should be set by looking at the LO
frequency on either a service monitor or a frequency counter of known
precision, Tuning it until it sounds best is not the way to go. The LO
frequency for the MASTR-II VHF will be either + or - 11.2 MHz from the receive
frequency depending on the whether high side injection was specified when
ordering the crystal.