-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of hitekgearhead

I know I am going to get the singular answer of "WHY" but I really would
like some technical input on this.

In my car I have an old Genesis series convertacom connected to a dual band
Comet antenna. I often will swap my VHF and UHF HT back and forth and
utilize the dual band capability of my antenna. It works pretty well.

What I would like to get some input on however, is how to run some power
with this setup.

Of course the easiest would be to get a amateur dual band amplifier, but I
already have a VHF and a UHF (N1275A and N1274A) amplifier.

What I would like to do is parallel these two amps with some kind of
switching/duplexer setup so that I could easily switch from VHF to UHF.

My initial idea was to run an antenna switch from the convertacom to the
amps so I can manually select which one the signal goes to. Then on the
output side of the amps I thought about using an antenna duplexer on the
output of the amps to feed the antenna. I was also thinking of running a
switch to alternately select which amp was receiving DC power, but I don't
know if that would be necessary. (Could I leave both amps powered on in this
situation?)

So, does this sound about right or am I going off the deep end?

Thanks
Albert