Are you hearing the audio from the FM station clearly through the 2
meter repeater? If so, the problem may not be coming from the antenna
system. It may be coming in on the AC power line or the FM station
ground system. You may try putting a dummy load on the farthest point
that is possible, such as the jumper that connects to the hard line. You
might also try powering the repeater off a battery and unplug/disconnect
the AC power supply. In either case, you should not hear the interference.

I had a similar problem from an FM broadcast station that had it's
transmitter on the second floor of a wood building. The building was on
top of a hill that was all rock. It turned out that the radiation was
coming from the long ground wire that went to an old, ineffective ground
system. The system that was hearing the interference was ~10 miles away.

73, Joe, K1ike

Leroy A. M. Baptiste wrote:

> Hello all, I am having some interference problems, it is coming from
> an FM transmitter on 94.500MHz, and getting into the Amateur Radio
> repeater’s receiver on 146.1600MHz. It is not there all the time, but
> when the repeater is keyed up, you can hear it getting in. The 2 Meter
> repeater is fed with heliax cable from the duplexer to the antenna,
> the transmission line on the FM station is ordinary coaxial cable, the
> power output is about 300 Watts, any ideas?
>
> Leroy. J39AI

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: