From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of David Jordan
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 10:55 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Fw: FCC R&O Involving the Amateur 70cm
Band

I just read the FCC order.I don't see a significant threat to amateur radio
UHF communications from this device.

-          the price is very high for what you get - few will be purchased -
the technology implementation is lam

-          the incidents where the device would be used are few and far
between

-          the device erp is .25watt to max 1 watt into a hand-held rubber
duck antenna at the operator position and the device crawls on the ground
with internal ant

-          the statement in the order makes the device operations secondary
to amateur radio

-          there are many caveats in the order with regard to when the
device may be used

What am I missing?

73,

Dave