I checked the archives and noticed there was scant mention of these units. For
the money, these seem like a dream come true. From what I understand, once set
up in the test mode, they have most all of the function of the HP-8920 series
minus the following:

No Edacs,LTR or any signaling formats or DPL except raw tone generation and
DTMF.

Three watt limitation

No frequency count on Spec A screen

Pre-set squelch or none.

Otherwise these function as a complete service monitor from 100kc-1 gig and
another second band to 1.7gig.

I also gather that with a suitable thruline or similar power attenuator, the
wattmeter indication can be adjusted to read correctly removing the 3 watt
limitation.

If all this is correct and with an external multi format tone generator such as
Motorola's or Cromco's and a Multiformat tone reader such as Opto's or Connect
System's boxes, you pretty much have the entire enchilada por poco dinero.
Am I missing something or is this quite possibly a fantastic deal due to the
shere amount of orphaned CDMA/TDMA test sets since GSM?
Anyone have one of these? The 100 kc-1 gig isn't part of Agilent's specs. Is
this a hack or was this a function of earlier units?

Any info or caveats appreciated on these units.