On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 10:46, <tahr...@swtexas.net> wrote:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> First, does the radio have a full control head, or one of the HandHeld
> controllers?
> I seem to remember that the radios that had the spectra RX addition were
> HHCers.
>
> Basically, to program the X9000, you will need a RIB box (small box with
> some
> interface circuitry that will convert your PC's RS-232 to signals the radio
> wants
> to see).  You will also need a cable that goes from the RIB to the radio.
> If you
> get on batlabs.com, you can see the circuitry, etc for the RIB.  If you
> are so
> inclined, you can also make one.  The cable for the X9000 is no big deal.
> If
> the radio actually has a control head, you can go inside & solder some
> wires
> to it.  Bring it out on a DB-9 connector, then make a mating DB-9 that will
> connect to the RIB.  That's what I did.  (I have 3 of them in VHF
> operation)
>
> This may be a bit more problematic if it is a HHCH.
>
> Anyhow, not sure about the PIEXX stuff.. I thought that they were mainly
> for the 'non X' versions which used a small vertically mounted board on the
> inside of the radio for frequency selection, but could be wrong.
>
> Drop me a note at tahrens at swtexas dot net if you need some more
> info.
>
> Tim

just to reiterate syntor system 9000 x

just to reiterate, the reason why i initially posted was to-
get help GOING THROUGH all the information i was OVERWHELMED-
by on the http://www.onfreq.com/syntorx/ http://batlabs.com/x9000.html
http://www.repeater-builder.com/motorola/syntor/syntor-index.html
sites.  i get easily overwhelmed due to my slight learning-
disability which resembles dyslexia, but is more language-
based than reading based.

i was attempting to gain help, primarily, in understanding-
how to set up the wiring aspect.  which wires connect to-
where on the car, and go to what accessories on the radio.

for people curious what exact model number etc it was the following auction:

http://item.ebay.com/300408072706

> MOTOROLA SYNTOR X9000

                                        WE ARE SELLING THIS LOT FOR SYNTOR
PLUS PA SYSTEM(SIREN)

                                                                          FM
TWO WAY RADIO

                                                                          MODEL
T99KE + 037W

ID# T73KEJ7J04AK

  PA SYSTEM 9000

THIS RADIO AND PA SYSTEM HAS BEEN TESTED IN GOOD WORKING ORDER WITH NORMAL
WEAR AND NEED TO BE  PROGRAMED THE RADIO.

                                                                       THERE
ARE 32 CHANNELS

                                                          150-174MHZ,
100W-50W, VHF, HIGH BAND

COMES AS SHOWN: RADIO WITH MOUNTING TRAY, SPECTRA (FOR SYNTOR SIREN OR FOR
RX ONLY), PA BOX (FOR SIREN), CONTROL HEAD WITH BRACKET, DUAL MIC, SPEAKER
(SHORT WIRE)WITH BRACKET, POWER CONTROL CABLE, T-CABLE, PA CABLE.

my primary question was answered by the following post:

Lets start with the KISS method here.... you know.. Keep It Simple Stupid...

You should have 4 wires to worry about

A big red one

a big black one

a little orange one

a little green one...

orange and green come off the control head end... tie both together and

supply fused 12V to them...

the big black one... Ground it

the big red one... Fuse it and attach to battery....

Under the right side of the control head, bottom right if looking at the

face, slide the switch... unit should power on....

All you have to do to be able to program it is mod the plug going into the

radio by attaching 8 wires

http://www.onfreq.com/syntorx/syntorx9k/progx9.html* and attaching it to a*

RIB (about $35 on ebay) then to your computer (a slower one preferably) and

have the right RSS for it.....

Email me direct if you want and I will see what I can do to help ya....

Gary

K4GHL

wolfy AT thewolfsden DOT net

this was from the radio-programm...@yahoogroups.com group!

he has by far been the most helpful and straightforward in answering my
questions

thanks so much again for everyone's help in resolving this issue!