Mike,
If you decide to combine, make sure you look at the speaker circuit on each
radio.The Spectra for example will smoke if you take it to ground. You would
want to use a 1: 1: Transformer to isolate it unless you have a good
combiner circuit.After asking the same questions you are asking, I decided
on three speakers mounted on the side of the center console. Two years ago
next month I was at Dayton and had a vendor who was selling speakers put
audio into different size speakers. I then took the three SMALLEST I thought
I could like with. Much better than the built in speakers.
Goood Luck.JIM

--
Jim Cicirello
181 Stevens Street