  From: Rob
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 3:29 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Strange Signal on 158.275(ish)

  On 4/28/2010 6:19 PM, Mike Besemer (WM4B) wrote:
  > Can anybody identify the signal in the attached file? It appears on 158.275
  > +/- 5 KHz or so. I set my receiver to AM mode for this recording. It does
  > appear in FM and NFM, but not as clearly. Note that the PRF is not fixed...
  > it does vary over time. It is audible over a fairly large (10 - 12 miles
  > that I've checked so far) area.
  >
  > I doubt that is has anything to do with the pager interference I've been
  > having, but it does happen to be just about half of our suspected mix
  > frequency of around 316.6 MHz.
  >
  > Thanks,
  >
  > Mike
  > WM4B

  That signal sounds much like one I am hearing up here in Central MA on
  the MURS frequencies. It rotates through all 5 frequencies somewhat
  randomly and I hear it over a 4-5 mile radius. Fortunately, it is 20
  miles from my home so it doesn't bother me on a daily basis but I do
  hear it during my normal commute.

  - Rob