On Wed, 5 May 2010, wd5etd wrote:
> Sorry for the dumb question but, I have a group trying to add a link
> at one site for 5 repeaters.  They are not trunked.  What is the
> cheapest way for them to share 1 antenna?  They have a very good DB
> antenna but, I did not think it necessary for them to buy 5!
>
> They are out in the country quite a ways.  So, there is not much else
> to interfere.
>
> I know a combiner is probably the usual way but, I thought there might
> be a cheaper way since it is only for receive.
>
> They do not have a tower for the receive antenna but, they do have a
> multi-story building.  So, feed line expense is not a concern if they
> use multiple antennas.

Cheapest way would be a band-pass cavity ahead of a cable TV
distribution amp and a multi-port hybrid splitter. This assumes that the
antenna isn't duplexed and used for transmitting as well nor are any of
the transmit frequencies within the receive bandwidth.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR
Disinformation Analyst