At 5/19/2010 15:29, you wrote:

>Hi
>
>In the attached picture you see the notch of the 70cm duplexer I built
>according to W4NFR's description in QEX, those who can't receive
>attachments find it here:
>
><http://conturafm.mine.nu/_fh/438.95_notch.bmp>http://conturafm.mine.nu/_fh/438.95_notch.bmp
>
>The measurement has been made with both cavities of one branch connected
>with a true quarter wavelength jumper of RG58 because I had no
>double-shielded cable available.
>
>Can anybody tell me why the notch is this blurred and what can be done
>about it? The isolation would be a bit better if the notch was a clear
>sharp line, isn't it?

I'd try a different length jumper between the cans & see what happens.

As others have pointed out, you could use a little more signal in the
vicinity of the notch.  On my tracking gen. I narrow the sweep down to only
the notch region so I can boost the generator power without overloading the
spectrum analyzer.

Bob NO6B