Yep, low isolation in the duplexer could be the problem. And the correct
thing to do is measure it. But if he doesn't have the test gear putting a
dummy load on the output of the duplexer will give a pretty good idea
whether the duplexer is tuned correctly or not. If there's no desense with a
dummy load then the RG-8 might be the problem.

--
:wq
Tim