Thanks Mike.
I must have written down the wrong number while looking through the site.
Yes the MTR 2000 is what I would be looking for.

From: Mike Morris
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2010 01:14 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] WTB Motorola VHF repeater

At 07:41 PM 06/13/10, you wrote:
>I am looking for a Motorola repeater maybe a MCS2000 that I can get
>down into the 147.105/705 range. I have been told there where a lot
>of these at Dayton this year. Sadly I wasn't there. If you have
>something, drop me a note. Thanks, N0FJP

The MCS-2000 is a mobile radio.

The MSF5000 is a repeater, as is the MSR2000 and the MTR2000.

The MSR is loosely based on the Mitrek mobile radio and is covered here:
<http://www.repeater-builder.com/msr2000/msr2000-index.html>
It is not synthesized.

The MTR2000 is synthesized and has a couple of "gotchas" as far as
buying a used or surplus unit. It is covered here:
<http://www.repeater-builder.com/motorola/mtr2k/mtr-index.html>

Mike WA6ILQ