This is a regular issue with many controllers, especially Trident
Raiders  several Comm Spec units, and Motorola MTR-2000 repeaters.

Years ago Comm Spec supplied a small board that reset power to the
controller to eliminate the problem.

We installed power reset modules on all our repeaters, every 24 hours,
power is reset to the entire repeater, usually about 3:00 am.

CJD

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Joel" <ag...@...> wrote:
We have 2 repeaters that are more or less the same. One is on 2 meters
and the other is on 440.  They both exhibit the same problem, they
lockup after a while and then need to be power cycled. They ran for
years without issue.

We have the Instruction manual for the Zentron controller, but nothing
on the radios.  The 440 radios are Motorola M44GM29C3AA's back to back.
That's the only model number on the radios.  Does anyone have any
information on them? A Google search shows 2 Chinese sites having them
for sale on e-bay, that's it.  Seems strange.

Any information would be greatly appriciated,
Joe Loucka -- AG4QC