Understood Chuck. Depends on the circumstances. I know of a couple of ham
groups that have traded antenna
space for tower space. The tower owner gave them free space provided he
could multi-couple to that antenna. The
new systems at the site would be responsible for filtering. It was a win-win
and the ham guys paid nothing for a
PRIME location. If you own the tower and never plan to expand then it's not
an issue. My only reason for bring it
up was to encourage everyone to consider all the options and ensure that
they will not regret the model chosen.
As I am sure you are aware,  attaching a  big antenna to a high tower is
tons of work and not something that any
of us would want to repeat unless necessary.

lh