John,

I currently am Trustee for a TKR-820 operating on 444.5500.  I wonder - is
this conversion "dual-mode" capable, meaning, can it be accessed BOTH via
D-STAR and analog radios, or does it render analog access unusable?  I do
not want to do this if it eliminates analog access, since this is an
Emergency Management-affiliated repeater and many users in my area are not
D-STAR capable.  As such, I'd have to maintain a dual-mode system, similar
to those using Motorola QUANTAR repeaters for digital (APCO 25) as well as
analog access.

Next questions is, my machine is a multi-receive site (read: SpectraTAC)
system - is the D-STAR processing done on the FINAL received signal before
being passed to the transmitter, or would I need to convert all the
receivers in the system to be compatible?  In my system, I do not use the
internal receiver in the TKR-820 - I feed a voted signal in from the
comparator for repeat.

Photos of my system (with one receiver configured) can be seen at the
Repeater-Builder Yahoo group:
st
Look at those associated with WW9AE

If it can be configured for a dual-mode/multi-RX site configuration, I might
seriously consider adapting our machine.

Thanks!
Mark - N9WYS