Sounds about right.

Press 2 disks then glue them together to make 1 completed laserdisk.

I remember when laserdisk added a digital audio track.
That was cool.  You got analog video, and your choice of analog or digital
audio.

I remember when laserdisk added an AC3 track.
Well, they added an ac3 track but delete an analog channel.
That irritated me a little.  I had, and still have some analog audio ONLY
laserdisk player.
This meant that the ac3 disk would play back in mono on these player.

Ya know, the laserdisk reference parallels closer to dual "mode" repeaters
than one might think.

Analog video (never changed)
Analog audio AND digital audio on the same media
Reduce the analog bandwidth in favor of a new "feature rich" digital medium.

;)

Yes, my poor brain thinks that way

Kb0wlf

Oh yes, my "main" laserdisk player still runs through a dwin line doubler