On 7/4/2010 11:25 AM, terry_wx3m wrote:

> DSTAR is totally foreign to me. I can't think of anyone in the
> immediate area that even has a DSTAR capable radio.
>
> We are experiencing some interference on the input to one of our club
> repeaters. What baffles me is that the repeater is in PL (123.0). Is
> it possible that a DSTAR user in a neighboring area is inadvertently
> transmitting PL and getting into our machine?
>
> Also it would GREATLY help if someone had the capability of making me
> a short .wav clip of what DSTAR sounds like on an analog receiver.
>
> Thanks
> Terry
> wx3m.te...@gmail.com <mailto:wx3m.terry%40gmail.com>

DStar doesn't use CTCSS (PL) and even if it did you would not 'hear'
anything on an analog radio.  If your problem really involves DStar,
what /could/ happen is:

   1. A DStar signal with enough energy in the 123 hz decoder to trip
      the radio (not too likely I think.)
   2. A mix that involves a DStar radio and an analog radio running
      CTCSS (what I would bet on.)

What makes you think a DStar radio is the interference source?

--
mailto:o...@ozindfw.net
Oz