Hi John,

Thanks for the pix!

I think I've found a way to make it work.

1.  Got some brass tubing that is just about the same
      diameter as the rg-8's center conductor & poly.
      (might have to use some silicon grease to make it
      slide a bit easier).

2.  Solder top of brass tube to side of the heliax's
      copper center conductor.

3.  Wedge some foam or other non-conductor down
      inside the heliax to make sure the brass doesn't
      move around.  (this shouldn't have any affect on
      the capacitance between the RG-8's center & the
      brass tube).

4.  Solder brass screw with 2 nuts to end of RG-8's
      center conductor.

5.  More mechanical stuff here, but too many words
      to use.  Will take pix when I'm done.

thanks,

Tim