Pulling it back apart isn't an issue with the 130C if you apply it sticky side
out. Once you slit down through the vinyl and 130c with a knife, you can peel
it apart to open up the splice.

Yeah, its a little work to get it to release from the jacket of the cable...
but its doing its job keeping the water out. It usually releases from the metal
connector parts fairly readily.

Lee