--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph S. Turk" <w7...@...> wrote:

> When I worked for Westinghouse Intl in the 60's, we
> manufactured a special line of TV's, radios, and small
> appliances for DC sections of the world. Our main office
> was in New York City and we would get customers from
> areas in NYC, SF and some other cities I can not remember
> that only had 110VDC available. Ralph W7HSG

Just a caveat Ralph. Back in 1958 I almost signed up to attend George
Westinghouse Technical High School in Brooklyn. Instead I went to Samuel
Gompers Technical & Vocational H.S. in Da Bronx! They had a Ham Radio club
[back then] with the callsign W2DOW. It was February 1959 that I got my Ham tix
through this club.

FYI I am retired now over 15 months from Sun Tran. I am sure you remember me
from designing/building that 220 repeater that was eventually installed up on
Mt Bigelow, remember? I currently have a 900 mhz repeater up, here at the house
and building a 440 UHF repeater as I type this. Hope you are enjoying your
retirement from KVOA...73 Doug W7FDF