From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of sbjohns...@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 6:48 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Circular polarization for VHF repeaters?

FM broadcasting in the US is not changing to vertical polarization.

There may be some old stations still running horizontal, and vertical
is used in some situations (such as stations low in the band needing to
be cross-polarized from a nearby channel 6 TV signal) but circular
polarization is by far the preferred method. I've had FM stations
running both, and have a firm impression that circular is indeed better
for mobile reception. I may get the chance to convert some stations
from vertical to c-pol when the rules are changed now that the
conversion to HDTV has been made.

I may have access to some papers on the subject - I'll check.

I believe c-pol could be better for amateur VHF repeater-mobile
operations in high-multipath areas.

Steve