Not all voltmeters behave the same with complex AC waveforms (such as
noise).  Some of my Flukes are inaccurate at higher AC frequencies (like
above a few hundred Hz) - and they're spec'ed that way.  What kind of meter
are you using, and where are you measuring (speaker terminals is where you
should be measuring from)?

Do you know what, exactly, the SP features/modifications are on your SP
Micor?

                                        --- Jeff WN3A