Am 27.11.2015 um 20:29 schrieb Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <gnu...@no-log.org>:

> On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 11:56:34 +0100
> "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <h...@goldelico.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> finally (after 2 years work/wait) we will produce the last batch of
>> GTA04A5 boards. There will be also ~40 complete devices (with
>> display, case, battery etc.).
> That's very nice. What's the deadline for ordering one?

It is a "moving deadline". Each time someone else orders one it will
come closer.

In other words we can't fix it on any time scale. We will build them in the
next weeks and depending on the production yield and repairability of
potentially faulty boards we will have some stock until it is sold.

>> Replicant 4.2 is also available. And Lukas is working to
>> patch/upgrade to a 4.3 kernel (needs backporting some Android
>> features) so that we have the most modern basis that we can get to
>> run Replicant on top.
> I heard from it from Paul.
>
> Could we work out something so most of the work he does could be merged
> upstream in Replicant.
>
> For instance if you want to produce images with a different
> partitioning layout, that could be implemented as a compile time
> option for instance.

That is a good idea.

> Nowadays, the upstream Linux kernel can run Android with very few
> patches. Maybe only one patch is really needed (for changing the input
> API).

Yes, fortunately the kernel.org has accepted to support most features
Android requires (sometimes in a slightly different way).

BR,
Nikolaus