On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 23:40:41 +0100
Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <gnu...@no-log.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 12:52:54 +0000
> Glen Walker <g.wal...@openmailbox.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> Hi,
>
> > I'm not sure if you are aware of The Co-operative Fairphone but they
> > claim to support "fairer working conditions" and "transparent
> > principles, social ideals" among other things.  Seems like it would
> > be a good fit with Replicant?
> The GTA04 also has "fair working conditions" and is made in Germany.
> It's not (fully) supported yet due to the lack of time and Android
> kernel issues that are now resolved.

Is the current push to get full support for the GTA04 (or in my case the Letux
2804 since I don't own a Neo Freerunner)?  Would you consider that to be the
best option for a "Most Free" phone? (I'm open to answers/opinions from anyone
here by the way...)

> > Anyway - full details can be found here:
> >
> > https://www.thephone.coop/media/445514/fairphone_2_tech_specs.pdf
> > https://www.thephone.coop/fairphone/
> >
> > Just to be clear I am in no way affiliated to The Co-operative,
> > except that I may become a customer of their broadband services this
> > year.
> The Replicant contact address is for private inquiries only.
> Next time, you should send similar mails the mailing list instead.
> I've added the mailing list to the Cc for convenience.

Yep, I saw that notice right after I clicked "send".  Thought sending another
e-mail to say "sorry" would just make it worse!

> From the pdf:
> > Main SOC: Qualcomm MSM8974AB-AB
> This is problematic. It most certainly has shared memory between the
> modem and the CPU, which are, most certainly, in the same chip.

Exactly the sort of info I was after - thank you!

> > Keep up the good work.
> Thanks.
>
> Denis.

You're most welcome!