* Baseband processor integrated in the same chip or into separate chips
* Baseband processor isolated from
** GPS
** RAM
** user I/O
** storage
** camera
** microphone

On 2016-05-06 21:35, Paul Kocialkowski wrote:
Hi,

Le vendredi 06 mai 2016 à 14:17 +0200, David Hedlund a écrit :
For now we know that even "single core" mostly comes with 2 processors:
* a baseband processor (BPP, aka modem processor) that is used for GSM network
* a application processor (main processor)
Keep in mind that these processors might be integrated in the same chip or into
separate chips, with the modem having more or less control over the rest. For an
in-depth description, see: https://www.replicant.us/freedom-privacy-security-iss
ues.php

Question 1: Tiberiu-Cezar from Tehnoetic (tehnoetic.com) just informed me that
Replicant developer PaulK is working on a free bootloader for LG Optimus Black
(P970). Is this smartphone equipped without baseband processor?
Smartphone have, by definition, a modem (baseband processor). What's interesting
to look it is how isolated it is from the rest. Investigation regarding the
Optimus Black shows promising results on that regard.

Question 2: Have anyone yet made a list of smartphones without baseband
processors that can be used as candidates Replicant?
You probably mean Wi-Fi-only tablets. A few are supported and some are known to
be good candidates (e.g. Allwinner tablets or the first generation Kindle Fire).