On Sat, 28 May 2016 11:57:34 +0100 (BST)
<wiz...@tutanota.com> wrote:

> Hello
Hi,

You wrote to the contact address instead of the mailing list:
The contact address is only for inquiries that cannot be made public.

> RemixOS has created a version of Android that has a desktop
> environment. Unfortunately it is closed source.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remix_OS
>
> It would be awesome if there is a Replicant desktop version that uses
> a well known open source Desktop Environment like Cinnamon.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinnamon_%28software%29
As far as I know, this isn't a current priority for any of the
developers involved in Replicant, however you are free to work on it
yourself.

Wolfgang Wiedmeyer is working on upgrading Replicant to Android 6.0, so
you should base your work on top of his.

http://redmine.replicant.us/boards/21/topics/12057?r=12927 has more
details on it.

Also, your goal is not very clear to me. What do you want to run
Replicant on exactly:
- An x86 desktop/laptop? Some laptops have a touchscreens, a modem, and
  a GPS inside the modem.
- A vm inside a desktop/laptop?
- An SBC?

Since mainline Linux now requires very few changes to run Android, I
don't see why it couldn't run on x86.

However running a full GNU/Linux desktop environment on top is another
story(You would need to port it on Android).

So instead you would probably need to run it aside trough chroot,
virtualization techniques, or other mechanism.

In f-droid there is also an application to convert Android applications
to run on top of the chrome browser, however I'm not aware of 100% free
software distributions that ships a modified version of chrome.

Denis.