Den Mon, 22 Aug 2016 20:15:19 +0200
skrev Re: fdroid on replicant: dfsg changes:

> >> Suggested fix:
> >> --------------
> >> The idea is to:
> >> - make F-droid detect Replicant
> >> - Add a way to totally hide applications.
> >> - Make f-droid hide all applications with anti-features, if
> >> running on Replicant.
> >>   Hiding all the applications with an anti-feature is sufficient,
> >> even if ideally we could only hide the anti-features conflicting
> >> with the FSDG[3] guidelines.
> >>   Having a more fine grained filter could be implemented later, as
> >>   right now meeting the FSDG again is Replicant's top priority.
> >
> > This could be too heavy handed.  For me, this would make it
> > impossible to install Face Slim, OsmAnd, Telegram.  Of these three,
> > only the OsmAnd appear to actually have a licensing issue.
> >
> > However, I could live with the solution above if it means having
> > Replicant a FSF endorsed free distro.
> >
> > Another solution is to simply not include fdroid in replicant?!  I'm
> > pretty sure everyone who is able to install Replicant is able to
> > install fdroid manually if they so choses.  This approach does not
> > require any changes at all in the fdroid project, and would solve
> > things quicker.  What do you think?
> >
> > /Simon
>
> All we are talking about is setting a preference on by default on
> Replicant.  So when F-Droid is built into Replicant, it will turn on
> the pref that hides non-free things.  Replicant users will still be
> free to go into their preferences and enable non-free things.  This
> is like Debian contrib and non-free.  Free Software is about freedom,
> including the freedom to use non-free software if you must ;-).

As far as I understand the FSF's guidelines, this approach is not
sufficient to get Replicant included in the recommended OS list from
FSF.  Debian is not included because it allows the contrib/non-free
sections.  It would be a shame if Replicant can't be on that list
because of the same concern with fdroid.

https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html
https://www.gnu.org/distros/

I see that Replicant is mentioned there now, but this sounds strange to
me given the concern with fdroid.

> There are large security and usability advantages to including F-Droid
> in Replicant now that we have nailed down the F-Droid Privileged
> Extension.  That said, the Privileged Extension is ready to be
> integrated into ROMs, as of v0.2, so we're ready to help you do that
> whenever you're ready.
>
> https://gitlab.com/fdroid/privileged-extension

Will that enable unattended upgrade/installs of apk's?  That would be
awesome!  Keeping my 44 packages upgraded consumes quite some
manual clicking time...

/Simon