On Sat, 03 Mar 2018 15:00:00 +0000
Joonas Kylmälä <joonas.kylm...@iki.fi> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have now committed all my Replicant 7.1 work to git repositories.
> Again, to get the source code all you need to do is create an empty
> directory and run the following commands inside it:
>
> $ repo init -u git://git.putti.space/replicant/manifest.git -b
> replicant-7.1-dev
> $ repo sync -jN
As a potential contributor[1] I'm a bit lost:
- which manifest should I base my work on?
- would the chosen manifest depend on the kind of work?

What would be the best way to improve clarity when work is being done
on a new Android version?

> Then follow the instruction from
> <https://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/GalaxyS3I9305Build>.
> I have tested the build only for i9305 but I don't even know if it
> boots yet with my recent changes so if you happen to have that device
> at hand it would be nice if you could try! In case it doesn't boot,
> the output from the serial console would be nice.
Do you have installable images? If so it should be easy enough to test
it and send you boot logs and basic description on what seem to work
and what doesn't.