On Tue, 28 Aug 2018 18:53:00 +0000
Joonas Kylmälä <joonas.kylm...@iki.fi> wrote:
> What do you think will happen when we update the RepWifi
> app next time in Replicant and the user has already upgraded it with
> F-Droid? Also will this just start piling up
> fil.libre.repwifiapp_{9,10,11,12,13...}.apk files during each
> Replicant upgrade until storage is full?
If we inlcude RepWiFi, it will then become a system application. When
you will update it (through f-droid) you will then have two copies apks
instead of one: The new apk will be used, but the system apk will be
kept.

The system apk will be restored if you uninstall RepWiFi, or if
you erase all the users data. The system apk will be used if you start
your device in safe mode.

If you upgrade RepWiFi again, you will still end up with 2 apks, not 3.

Now F-droid also keeps a cache of the apks you download through it.
There is an f-droid setting called "Keep cached apps" that enables you
to change the amount of time the apks are kept, but I don't know what
it defaults to.

Denis.