On Sat, 15 Sep 2018 17:43:00 +0000
Joonas Kylmälä <joonas.kylm...@iki.fi> wrote:

> Hi,

> I have an image in my mind that maintaining patchwork for 58 or so git
> repositories was difficult. If it doesn't turn out well there are
> other options that we can try. Google was using Gerrit at least at
> some point for AOSP development so we can look also if that is an
> option or if there is some newly adopted patch review system for AOSP
> or LineageOS.
I'll think about that. Gerrit uses javascript. Some time ago I tried to
use from the command line with gertty but it was not reliable enough.

> >> [0001-Adapt-to-recent-LineageOS-forks-LineageOS-mirror.patch
> >> [0001-Adapt-to-recent-LineageOS-forks-replicant-6.0-dev.patch
> > Both commit messages don't give much details about why this is
> > needed, but in another hand it might take some time to understand
> > why upstream (lineageOS) might have done that too.
> > Acked-By: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <gnu...@no-log.org>
>
> You have to read the commits mentioned in the dev branch's commit
> message to know why. I think from Replicant project's point of view it
> is enough to know that we have "adapted" the manifest to be same as in
> upstream. In ideal world I would just cherry-pick the LineageOS commit
> but the manifest repositories have diverged too much because our
> repository names start with "replicant" and LineageOS ones start with
> "LineageOS" so if there are some reorderings in the manifest it just
> creates a big git merge conflict.
>
> Though, maybe I could have explained that we want to stay as similar
> as possible to LineageOS.
The two patches above are good enough as they are. Next time you could
just git commit -c <lineageOS patch commit hash> or tell that you
adapted their patch in the commit message, or point to their patch.

Denis.