On 10/04/2014 12:48 AM, Paul Kocialkowski wrote:

>> I see from your roadmap posting
>> (http://blog.replicant.us/2014/09/replicant-homepage-and-roadmap-for-the-future/)
>that you are switching your focus onto Allwinner Sunxi devices.
>>
> I am indeed. I have already pushed support for multiple tablets at
> linux-sunxi.
>
>> I would just like to introduce you to Leon Anavi and Philippe Coval
>> (AKA RzR), who you may or may not already know.

Yes I know you guys,
we  event talked a couple of time on IRC about  GPS unit of RD210 ...
unsure there are some progress about opensource GPS support on Replicant
yet ... that is something tough to support

>>>   They have been
>> working on tizen-sunxi and I'm sure that you have many, many common
>> aims.

but we use mainline kernel

> That's nice, I am aware of the Tizen port on sunxi and have been
> following Tizen progress in general from a distance for some time now.

True,
http://redmine.replicant.us/boards/33/topics/5193z#

So am I following linux mobile platform for ages now...

> I'm not sure how much of an alternative Tizen represents in comparison
> to Android today, but many believe that it will become tomorrow's
> privileged choice for a free software mobile operating system.

Well the development model is a difference to spot too

> My
> opinion is that Android is still the easiest way to achieve that goal,
> and things may change in the near future.

You mean It will became less easier ?

> I'm not sure I'll have so much time to play around with Tizen these
> days, but it's good to know there is such an effort.

No problem our communities are somehow connected through different channel.

> By the way, I will be at XDC next week in Bordeaux, France and noticed a
> few talks about Tizen. If any of you guys plan on being there as well,
> it could be nice to meet and discuss all this a bit!

I wont be there but my workmate Tarnyko may attend this event...

Later

--
 mailto:philippe.co...@eurogiciel.fr  --  gpg:0x467094BC
 xmpp:philippe.coval....@gmail.com