On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 18:22:43 +0100
Jozef Macko <j.macko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Joonas,
Hi,

> thank you for your rapid reaction. Juste again one question, there
> are some probability that you public also Replicant based LineageOS
> 16 or will you wait till base LineageOS 17?
We will probably release on top of LineageOS 16 first.

Then for the LineageOS version, Joonas initial work was on top of AOSP,
and we then switched to LineageOS 16.

However we found out that LineageOS 16 didn't have stable tags for its
releases.

As this is a big issue, we will then probably re-evaluate which upstream
to use and/or how to combine different upstreams.

Going full AOSP isn't probably going to work either as AOSP doesn't
seem to support root the way LineageOS does.

There is more background information on that here:
https://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/Upstream#AOSP-and-LineageOS

Also the Phone number lookup providers privacy issue seem to come from
LineageOS and/or Cyanogenmod, so we could potentially find a way to
avoid some potential anti-features as well while doing that.

Denis.