I believe in free software movement, as i believe in open science. Without the
knowledge of medicine, engineering, and etc. We could not achieve so far. And
software is not different. But the problem is lack of awareness about this
topic.
Knowledge in science grows cumulatively. So does software. Absence of source
code does not give any good in this process. Besides, we use software daily
basis in today's world. Lack of source code can even be harmful to individuals
and society in many aspects.
Honestly,  we are in transition period. From the first beginnings of the cell
phones to unknown future. If we stand strong about our beliefs in free software
movement, we can make a difference before it is too late. The increase in usage
of mobile phones is more than computers. On the other hand, it is getting
harder to really "own" the phones in terms of controlling it, unlike computers.
For the sake of ease of use, we have pushed to that way. So that, Replicant is
a decent alternative at this point.
I have interested in free software lately. During my education the importance
of free software was not mentioned significantly. We have used some proprietary
software as educational tools. I have bachelor's degree in computer science. It
is kind of learning curve for me as well. For example, replacement of
proprietary Bios/Uefi boot firmware with open source alternatives like coreboot
or libreboot. I have flashed embedded devices like modem and router with Linux
operating system for better customization and security. I keep an eye on
postmarketOS and use LineageOS. The experiments i did, was based on the devices
i have.
Moreover i have worked at university for ten years and one third of it was in
user support group. If i get the opportunity, i would like to improve my
knowledge profoundly and contribute the project while working in this community
as community manager.

Best regards,
Kemal