> As I understand the combination of forkbomb's modem branch (using
> forkbomb's repository) and forkbomb's libsamsung-ipc wasn't tested
> up to making a call. So while the modem is supposed to bootstrap we
> don't know if the code fully works.

Ah, I figured that could be the case, I was just hoping it would magically
work on the dev branches of forkbomb :)
I was tending to believe that the kernel modem driver was tested with the
modem being at least able to register to the network (which currently not
able do so on the mainline kernel), but it might be very possible it didn't
register to the network even on the original 4.16 dev branch.

I might test other kernels such as 4.17-5.2, but for the moment I shifted
my focus to the work on the USB HOST support (I got the VBUS to work on LK
5.12, I'll post some details later in the corresponding issue).

The issue is that older kernels doesn't seem to build anymore on my
> system so I'll try to import the patches that fixes that and if it
> takes too much time I'll build it on a VM.

I didn't have any issues with the build on my host system (Ubuntu 17.04)...
It must be the host system or the toolchains, I was able to build and test
as old kernels as 4.2 (those ones with the DTS, I was doing the downgrade
just for testing purposes, to see if I was able to port some drivers from
the smdk4412 kernel to the mainline).

I've also tried manually toggling the suspend-req GPIOs but when I read
> it in /sys/kernel/debug/gpio it stays high after the modem boot whereas
> in the smdk4412 kernel it is low.

That's interesting, I'm new to the GPIO stuff, but that could probably be
controlled by the bootloader itself? Or otherwise maybe it's only supposed
to be set as low only at some modem booting stages (just some vague
guesses, nothing more).

I've also a GNU/Linux setup with Parabola but unfortunately it can't
> run older kernels like 3.0 for comparison / test purposes.

Ubuntu 16.04 didn't boot with 3.0 too, I think the minimum kernel version
that worked was 3.4.112 (3.4.0 didn't work) or at least 3.5.

> That doesn't look good.
>
> I had that often and each time I fixed by restoring the backup of the
> RADIO partition. Sometimes the restored image would not stick after
> rebooting.
>
> I've no idea why it is corrupted as it's not supposed to open it
> read/write and open_android_modem_partition_by_name uses O_RDONLY.
>
> Maybe it's some issue with reboot as I tend to reboot before each test
> to make sure there is no interference with the tests.
>
> I've also to do some Replicant 6 work to release the next RC image and
> I'll get back to the modem work right after that or even in my free
> time in between.

It didn't seem to me that I ever corrupted the modem image during the
tests, at least yet (sometimes I boot up Android which I have as the
dualboot option to check if the modem image is still intact).
I made the backup of the modem and EFS partitions just in the case, but so
far so good - haven't had to restore them.
I sometimes use the 3-key combo to get to the recovery mode, to then change
the kernel.
For some reason, reboot or power off doesn't work on the mainline kernels
for me, but this should probably be only related to my setup I use.
I boot via the buildroot, which mounts ubuntu EXT4 image on the sdcard,
then it calls switch_root into that mounted ubuntu image. The image doesn't
unmount correctly upon the reboot and hangs here (from my understanding,
because the sdcard is unmounted before the image could have been unmounted
first).
It's quite a surprise I didn't end up corrupting the data on the image just
yet (which is mounted read-write), as it's probably expected to happen.

вт, 30 мар. 2021 г. в 16:40, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <