On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 10:12:59 +0200
amuza <am...@riseup.net> wrote:
> I think going XMPP is a good idea.

Thanks to matterbridge, we can also bridge XMPP channels to IRC if
needed, and we do accept patches for its configuration[1].

However as I understand we we would also need to choose and/or create a
network to have a channel. A solution to avoid choosing a given server
could be that someone would creates a configuration for XMPP that would
work in the current Trisquel version that we use[2].

On my side I still need to publish the DNS settings of our VM in git
and/or find a way to integrate it well with the current usage to make
sure that the serial doesn't go backward, in order to also make it easy
to send patches for that as well.