Hi there, I'm trying to reach Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli. I have been
researching my next thinkpad and I of course want somthing without ME.
Ive come across the claim a number of times that the X60 only has AMT v1
and it comes disabeled out of the box but I have not been able to
substantiate this claim unfortunatly.
this FSF article
https://www.fsf.org/blogs/sysadmin/the-management-engine-an-attack-on-computer-users-freedom
by Denis says this "Also, many Intel computers manufactured in 2006 have
the ancestor of the Management Engine which is disabled from the start,
such as the Lenovo Thinkpads X60, X60s, X60 Tablet and T60, and many
more.".
Im wondering if it would be possible to foreward me some more
information on this, namely in what way is AMT disabled?
Thank you for taking the time to read my email, I hope it finds you
well, and my apolagize for all my typos!
Cheers!