Em 23-07-2021 11:48, Adonay Felipe Nogueira via Replicant escreveu:
> Em 23-07-2021 11:05, Adonay Felipe Nogueira via Replicant escreveu:
>> Em 16-07-2021 12:05, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli escreveu:
>>> At least that functionality is not suited for distributions that
>>> follow the Free System Distribution Guidelines (FSDG)[2] because "The
>>> distro must contain no DRM, no back doors, and no spyware."[2].
>>
>> Interesting take.
>>
>> I don't know if the FSF or the reviewers of FSDG-fit distros consider
>> sending Push Notifications information to a pre-defined set of
>> third-parties an infringement of that section of the FSDG, if the core
>> of the issue is just that it would be sending it to a set of
>> centralizing parties such as Google or, if Push Notifications itself is
>> to be considered a problem (since the concept basically involves a third
>> party storing and spying on the messages sent to the client 24/7 just
>> for the sake of power saving). In any case, I do recognize that this is
>> a good argument. I'll open a discussion on the review work group to
>> raise and question these points.
>
> I have to make a correction: I do not intend to limit this to only Push
> Notifications, but also would like to discuss this for all other things
> provided by MicroG.

I found the answer for the questions myself, I forgot that [1] existed,
and since Google is listed there with multiple issues related to Android
and Google Services, then MicroG can be considered malware by extension
since it connects to Google.

I hope OpenPush ([2]) is found to be not just free/libre software but
also acceptable for inclusion on FSDG-fit distros. On the last type of
review, there is currently none on the Directory ([3][4]).