Hi,

I have spent a little time attempting to port scintill's ofono work to
the GT-i9305. I have created some patches for the device/samsung/i9305
tree.

Unfortunately I couldn't get it to go, but have contributed what I can
do for the time-being.

I have made images for people to mess around with ...

I know there is already a problem with the images, that the device file
/dev/cdc-wdm2 does not exist, so the modem cannot possibly work as-is.

I have added SELinux rules that need reviewing.

I noticed also that dmesg showed some additional stuff was being
blocked, and this might also affect the other 'vanilla' images.

You can use dbus-send to test ofono. And see how the modem boots.

If you read the bottom of the getSource-6.0.sh you will see how to
apply the patches to scintill's work in contrib.

But ultimately, you may know how to get the i9305 working better
than me :)

Also I compiled Wolfgang's Nexus S replicant 4.0 and put images online,
because images didn't exist. His fork fixes the SSL/TLS errors in the
browser. (It's old, I know).

Please take a look, and if anyone thinks they can help further get the
i9305 modem working, that would be lovely as I need a new phone!
Cheers,

Josh

https://github.com/publicsite/ReplicantBuilds