On Mon, 25 Oct 2021 08:20:44 +0000
Fil Lupin via Replicant <replicant@osuosl.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> here is an article relating a comparison between android and iOS
> privacy : https://www.tomsguide.com/news/android-ios-data-collection
> Here is the research paper about this:
> https://www.scss.tcd.ie/doug.leith/apple_google.pdf
> I'm not sure it could be placed in the forum, perhaps in security ?
That could work, though I'm probably not the best person to comment on
that since I very rarely look at the forum.

We also have a page on the wiki to add links about research[1].

If someone read it, it would also be nice to add a summary about it.

Knowing what issues iOS and Android phones with Google Play have is
relevant at least for advocacy and the "Freedom Privacy and Security"
page[2].

What might also be interesting to know is if there are things that are
directly applicable to the Replicant source code, like for instance the
methodology to find out how the data is transmitted, or if there are
indications that AOSP (not Google play) could have issues.

Reference:
[1]https://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/AcademicPapersAndPresentations
[2]http://www.replicant.us/freedom-privacy-security-issues.php

Denis.