-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Re: CodeBerg addition
Date:   Sat, 30 Dec 2023 09:27:18 +0200
From:   Yevhen Babiichuk (DustDFG) <dfgd...@gmail.com>
To:     Aaron Wolf <wolft...@riseup.net>

Does any other repo from the list passes A+5? As I know even Savannah can't do it. IIUC the feature of federation in forgejo is currently developed by those who were last active participants of ForgeFed project https://codeberg.org/ForgeFed/ForgeFed/commits/branch/main which aim was exactly the federation like in fediverse between instances... It could be next step of freedom in a git repos world. Their aim is to make possible to have one accout on one instance and be able to make pull requests to any other "forgefed" instance (I am not sure about compatibility and live of forgefed now) and create issues and collaborate with other people which have accounts on other instances. The idea is to connect people to destroy necessity to registry on any concrete repo to participate in a project you are interested in. In fact the opportunity to export data (A+5) is only a small piece of what projects aim (though it isn't fully implemented now). I also would like to propose A+6 which is about the fact you can use your "fediverse" account on one instance and interact with another but now we don't have things that aren't in alpha stage about it. If you want to know more. Ask the forgefed project and those who currently develop federation features in forgejo (in fact they are the same people)