Nick Chalko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 31/10/2003 08:38:36 AM:

> >Since this is an ASF repo, isn't the ASF project name enough?
> >

> I think I would still prefix it with apache, so that other organizations

> can  follow our pattern with out conflicts.  Also allowing other
> repositories to host artifacts from multiple orginizations.
Sounds like a good idea.

> There is still some naming details to work out.  An apache project can
> be a very big thing.
> Take  the CLI project in Jakarta  commons   that would be
> apache-jakarta-commons-cli
> vs the pacakge name   org.apache.commons.cli

This is where the previous naming convention breaks for me.

assumes that the 'project' has a single versioning system. Jakarta as a
project doesn't. e.g. commons/beanutils has versions very different from
commons/logging.

*As an example only*, maven treats commons/beanutils and commons/logging
as two separate projects.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Pub Key:http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/dion/public-key.asc