OK, suppose a project deploys an index.html to
the repository, which contains the release notes for the release, e.g.

  http://repo.apache.org/apache/commons-logging/1.0.3/index.html

Clearly, this is only useful to users browsing the repository,
and therefore makes no sense to include the version information.

-Tim