I echo David's sentiments on this. I'd be interested to know what is
in the eclipse metadata you want to attach to the various artifacts in
the repository, and whether any of it coincides with existing metadata
formats in use here, such as the following for parts of jakarta
commons:

http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/commons-logging/poms/commons-logging-1.0.4.pom
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/gump/project/jakarta-commons.xml

I don't think this is a question of a new repository, but rather what
we can do to the existing one to better support what you are trying to
achieve.

On a side note, there is another Maven repository outside of Apache
that automatically collects all of the ASF data as well as some other
open source projects and manually requested inclusions at
http://repo1.maven.org/maven/

Cheers,
Brett