Platform current Debian Sid python2.5.

0) nothing to do with repoze.
virtualenv -p python2.5 ... does not work.
python2.5 /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/virtualenv.py ...  is fine.
Also, current Debian may have multiple python-dev packages, choose
version you need, as in python2.4-dev or python2.5-dev.  python-dev
is a virtual package giving the current default python's package, and
no older or more recent versions.

1)  I don't know if this is easy to fix, but I suspect it is.  buildout
downloaded and
built libxml2 and libxslt as expected.  buildout then died, with a message
about
needing a new setuptools.

running
bin/python-bfg -U setuptools
as in the failure message installed setuptools fine.

Then the freshly built libxml2 and libxslt were deleted, the tarballs
redownloaded
and rebuilt.

Is there any way to move the setuptools check so that it occurs before the
wasted
download/build cycle?

2)  built a project from the template per instructions.  bin/paster was
fine.
cd myproject; ../bin/python-bfg setup.py test -q
did not run.  Failed because it could not find ../bin/README.txt.
touch ../bin/README.txt
and then rerun.
Now fails on ../bin/CHANGES.txt.  touch and rerun, and it complete
normally.
Should either be fixed or documented.  Seems pretty flaky to want .txt
files
in ../bin anyway!