On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Wichert Akkerman <wich...@wiggy.net> wrote:

> Previously Malthe Borch wrote:
> > 2009/4/27 Reed O'Brien <r...@reedobrien.com>:
> > > +0 I think it is OK to have a default one. Think "hello world".
> >
> > Devil's advocate here, but:

> > You kind of don't need a templating language; in particular, you might
> > want to serve up binary files only, combined with JSON input/output.
> > We actually do that in ``repoze.filecat``.
>
> That works, but any first user of repoze.bfg is bound to want to try a
> template, and not bundling any default templating languages will make
> that first introduction to bfg more complicated.
>
> I think bundling chameleon.zpt is fine, but just wanted to point out that
the canonical way to "get started" with BFG is via the paste script and that
sample app created by that could easily have a dependency on something that
BFG doesn't.  You could theoretically suck in chameleon.zpt there to get
people started *and* not have to make it a dependency of BFG.

Not that I'm suggesting we change it now.  Just saying.  ;)

Chris