The 0.9 release features the separation of an authentication policy and an
authorization policy (previously there had been only a "security policy"), plus
some additional authentication-related API support via the "forget" and
"remember" APIs.   It also comes with a new "scripting" module (for scripts
that
need to run BFG code), and adds APIs to the "paster" module.  See

Two new tutorials are in the docs.  The first is a tutorial detailing how to
use
BFG with ZODB+traversal
(http://docs.repoze.org/bfg/tutorials/bfgwiki/index.html).  The second is a
tutorial detailing how to use BFG with SQLAlchemy+Routes
(http://docs.repoze.org/bfg/tutorials/bfgwiki2/index.html).  The first tutorial
was used as presentation material at the recent Plone Symposium; the second
tutorial has been tried by no one but myself.

The 0.9 series will represent an API stabilization with an eye towards a 1.0
release.  Once we reach the "magical" 1.0, the API will be essentially "frozen"
(or at least arbitrary changes will be vetted much more carefully, and
deprecations will become harder).  As a result, I'd appreciate it if folks
could
give feedback about APIs they dislike, so we needn't live with them forever.
As
a result, please vet http://docs.repoze.org/bfg/index.html#api-documentation at
your convenience.

It would also be useful if folks were able to audit the SQLAlchemy+Routes
tutorial at http://docs.repoze.org/bfg/tutorials/bfgwiki2/index.html .  I'm
sure
there are errors and omissions, and it's the part of BFG that I personnally
believe will be the most subject to change before a 1.0 release comes down the
pike.

In short, speak now or forever hold your peace. ;-)

- C