hi list,

I created a web-service with repoze.bfg and repoze.bfg.xmlrpc with a
xmlrpx_view. This views creates a PDF and it should return me a simple
string with the url of the PDF but in order to get my string back I need
to restart repoze 'cause the application hangs at some point after the
view returns the string.

I went trough the code with pdb and I found that the application hangs
on the method "worker_thread_callback" in
Paste-1.7.2-py2.6.egg/paste/httpserver.py

I tried to make the view returning the string directly and it works...
so it seems it doesn't like processing stuff in the meanwhile... :)

In other word, this works:

[...]
@xmlrpc_view
def generate_report(context, data):
    url = 'http://foo.com/static/file.pdf'
    return url
[...]

whilst this don't:

[...]
@xmlrpc_view
def generate_report(context, data):
    do_this
    [...]
    do_that
    url = 'http://foo.com/static/file.pdf'
    return url
[...]

It's a bit weird... any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
SimO