Hey Tres,

 is it possible that it makes an invalid JSON / XML-RPC call when the
> virtual hosting is in place?  Can you see anything in Firebug about a failed
> request?

No, everything looks fine.

What does render at that point in the page?

The page renders completely fine with those actions missing.

I stepped into the code a bit and the "plone.contentactions" viewlet isn't
even called when repoze.vhm is used.

Thanks,
Nathan