Brian Sutherland wrote:
> I'm making an attempt at packaging sourcecodegen and Chameleon for
> Debian, but I've immediately stumbled over licensing issues.
>
> AFAIKT all code in the repoze repository shares the same license, so I
> plan on copying the version from
> http://svn.repoze.org/repoze.tm2/trunk/LICENSE.txt.

Technically, the effect of the contributor agreement makes it possible for
Agendaless to license anything contributed to the Repoze SVN repository under
that license:

        Code committed to the Repoze source repository (Committed Code)
        must be governed by the Repoze Public License (RPL) or another
        license acceptable to both Agendaless Consulting and the Open
        Source Initiative. Committer will verify that Committed Code
        contains the text of another license acceptable to both
        Agendaless Consulting and the Open Source Initiative. Until
        Agendaless Consulting declares in writing a license other than
        the RPL, only the RPL shall be used.

But ethically this is Malthe's code, and the code itself has no license text in
it.  On chameleon.repoze.org he states "Chameleon is covered by the BSD
License."  So I'll ask him to clarify which BSD license he means.

- C