Am 28.04.2010, 21:10 Uhr, schrieb Chris Withers <ch...@simplistix.co.uk>:

> If I wanted to write such a similar lump of non-app-specific
> functionality, how would I do so in such a way that plugging in the
> views and other code would be as easy as possible?
> (and also easy for the consumer to override my choice of html, specific
> url, etc)

I would start with IMembership(Tool) and remove or improve on the legacy
Zope bits.

BFG supports "interfaces used the way the were intended" and the sample
Cookbook applications contains examples of different implementations of
the same interface for just this purpose including the ability to decide
at start time.

I'm a bit unsure on how you might want to handle view customisation beyond
template override.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark